Home


About



Directions


Meeting Minutes


Bulletin Board


AME Water
District Info



Photo Gallery


Documents



Links


Contact

Previous
Board
Minutes

1.16.2023
12.
.12.2022
11.7.2022
9.26.2022
0
8.01.2022
06.20.2022
05.16.2022
03.30.2022
02.16.2022
01.10.2022
11.06.2021
11.01.2021
09.30.2021
08.16.2021
06.17.2021
04.22.2021
02.22.2021
01.11.2021
11.15.2020
1
0.12.2020
09.14.2020
08.17.2020
07.06.2020
06.01.2020
04.20.2020
02.11.2020
01.13.2020
12.09.2019
10.21.2019
09.09.2019
07.23.2019
06.03.2019
04.15.2019

02.29.2019
01.07.2019
11.12.2018
10.01.2018
08.13.2018
06.18.2018
05.21.2018
03.31.2018
02.12.2018
01.08.2018
11.06.2017
09.11.2017
06.26.2017
0
5.08.2017

04,04.2017
02,13.2017
01.09.2017
11.14.2016
10.10.2016 09.06.2016
06.20.2016
05.16.2016

04.11.2016
02.22.2016 01.19.2016

12.07.2015
11.02.2015

09.28.2015

08.31.2015

08.10.2015

06.22.2015

05.11.2015

04.20.2015
03.08.2015
02.23.2015

01.12.2015
11.10.2014
09.29.2014

08.11.2014
06.23.2014 05.19.2014
04.07.2014
02.25.2014
01.08.2014
11.25.2013
09.30.2013

08.26.2013

07.01.2013
05.20.2013
04.08.2013
02.25.2013
02.18.2013

01.15.2013

12.03.2012

10.30.2012
09.10.2012
07.17.2012
05.29.2012
04.02.2012
02.29.2012
02.27.2012
01.24.2012

12.15.2011

 










1.16.2023

 





 



Aspen Mesa Estates Annual Homeowner Meeting:
February 13, 2023


Meeting called to order 6:08 pm

In attendance:
Joe Nuzzarello, LuAnn Craig, Barbara Brett, Susan Zimmer, Mark Walker, Sarah Bayer and Mary Leslie. Absent: Stephanie Williams.

Financial Report:
We have $280,423.62 in the bank.
We have $16,572.10 in receivables due.

Homeowner Contact List:
We had a great response to this in our last billing so thank you all for this. We have had many problems in the past getting in touch with homeowners so it's very beneficial to have everyone's updated addresses, emails and phone numbers, and or the contact info. For their long-term renters.

Water System:
Mark Walker reports that our water system in great shape. We are pretty much on a break and fix just like everyone else in this area.
We are adding a monitoring system to our wells. These devices are on order and will be installed when received by EPC.

Water Tanks:
At the 2022 annual HOA meeting Mark Walker reported that we were in the process of investigating repairing our associations' original water tank. It is a divided tank that holds 50,000 gallons of water. As reported in the meeting notes this past year we did go ahead and accept the bid to repair this tank. We are having the tank refurbished. Last fall we were able to have one chamber of the tanks interior tar removed. When the weather gets better WBS will return, remove the tar from the other chamber, clean and reseal the entire tank so it is usable. In summer we can go through 80-90K gallons a day. Our wells are able to keep up with the demand. We have 3 wells and we only use 2. We are hoping to have this tank finished, up and full by the end of the summer.
In case of a fault with our wells we have upgraded the alarm connectivity with a new back up phone and internet. This should alert us and EPC to any problems with the wells.

New Construction:  
We do have a couple beautiful new homes in the subdivision. We have a new build on Caballo that is currently on hold; maybe due to winter. Stephanie Williams is going to check with the County for permits.

Trash:
A homeowner asks about getting a larger recycle bin. You can call the trash company and get a larger container for recycles but it is an additional fee and the homeowner will be billed direct for that cost.
We will ask Waste Management for a list of what they recycle.

Twin Acres: 
There is a new horse facility on Fender that is being proposed. A 50 horse, 25 stable barn, 20,000 square foot indoor riding arena. One covered riding area and one outdoor. This is a large operation with large buildings. Operating hours 6:30 am – 8:00 pm 7 days a week.
This is a major scale commercial entity in an area zoned Agricultural Residential. They are proposing it be changed to commercial with a special use permit from Eagle County. This operation will bring in truck traffic. They will need hay delivered. Manure removed. Cars for workers and customers. This will be a major impact to our community. Please check the Keep Missouri heights rural website for details and updates.

Final document review for revised By Laws, Covenants and Deed Restrictions - documents were put on website for review. We are open to questions.:
1. Judy Sullivan
       • What does the board see as the biggest change?
       • Can we vote on short-term rentals?

       • Scenario A: Spouse can be college professor out of state 5-10mos, rent out house? BJ: No, minimum is 12mo
       • Scenario B: Rent out property for holiday week and use it towards our child's college tuition. BJ: No, short term rentals are not allowed due to previous issues

2. Bobby Cluck (Pinion Dr): Sees these as fundamental changes in our property rights
       • A & B are an opportunity to help community during tough economic and housing times. We shouldn't build rules around the negative exceptions. Lady in pink added we should consider longer short term rentals like 2wks minimum or something. Chase Carter and others chimed in that they have done AirB&B style rentals and they managed vetting (35x in a year!), but also don’t want increased traffic, etc. Also concerned that it brings visitors who are not familiar with best practices in our area, e.g., a visiting teenager was smoking in a field during high fire danger
       • New rules seem to make it against regulation if a person who works from home to have a client visit their home. BJ: Not the case, rules would like to prevent a flow of clients visiting. We’ll add clarifying language to the contract
       • What's the intent behind needing approval for trees? BJ: This was in the old document as well fyi, but the intent is about regulating view plane obstruction

3. Mike Armstrong: How realistic is enforcement of these rules? i.e., cutting off water due to non-payment. It has to be applied consistently across the board. BJ: We don’t want to police the neighborhood but need these options as leverage to maintain good behavior.

4. Sigrid Fishbacher: Unsightly articles (vehicles, junk), 8.10 in bylaws seems too restrictive. BJ: It's meant to discourage larger issues, but as long as your articles are not obstructing a view, you should be ok. We can alter the verbiage to specify non-operational vehicles, jarring reflections, etc.

5. Leslie Rameil: any answers to the questions I emailed about?
       • Propose 2/3 vote. BJ: 50% is achievable, 2/3 would be onerous
       • Section 8.15 Barbecues are regulated by eagle county hazardous activities ...where do we find what's in compliance with these county regulations? BJ: Will provide…intent is to allow barbecue grills but heed fire safety

6. Harvey Finn: Garbage rules state take out and bring in day of, but in Winter we have no bear issues and want to put it out night before. Susan: it's still a frequent issue but more concerning in the Summer. Sue Ann: Can we get better recyclables container? BJ: this is standard container. Stephanie: you can call the company for a different container for a fee. Orange hat: can we get a list of what our recycle company recycles vs takes to dump? BJ: Yes.

7. Sue Ann: section 8.9 dogs barking…rules suggest talk to neighbor first then call Eagle Co Animal Control. She does NOT feel comfortable going directly to the neighbor again because they were belligerent last time. Asked a sheriff and he said there’s no pet sound ordinance in Missouri Heights. BJ: odd because we should inherit county rules. We hope neighbors would be reasonable. Rules state owners are responsible, and there may be nothing board can do to enforce. Will look into adding verbiage.

8. Tim Young Can we get reference for the state mandate for back flow inspections? BJ: Yes, and we manage to gold standard on water care, which may be more than other HOAs do.

We will be accepting further input on any issues any homeowner cares to discuss. We will be discussing all of the above at our next regular board meeting April 3, 2023 at Mary Leslie's home 6:00 pm

Backflow:  
We will be starting the process again. The yearly inspection timeline is April - June. If you are not inspected by 7/1, we will give you 30 days leeway. If you are not inspected by August 1 of the year, you will be fined $50.00 a month until you are complian
t.

Road Signs:  
Look for new signs coming in an attempt to get people to SLOW down.

Board Member Changes:  
Vice President Danny Popish resigned. Mark Walker took the position of VP.
Sarah Bayer was nominated and appointed to fill Mark Walker's member at large position

Fire Mitigation:  
Please trim your dead branches and trees. Please consider contacting Eric Lovgren at Eagle County to have him walk your property with you. Many trees have the pine bark beetle and they spread from tree to tree. He can detect these trees for you.

Eric Lovgren
Wildfire Mitigation Coordinator
Sustainable Communities Department 
(970) 328-8742
www.eaglecounty.us 
eric.lovgren@eaglecounty.

Raffle Winner:  
Winner of free HOA annual dues for a year is Lynn Tanno.

Next Meeting Scheduled:  
The next meeting will be Monday, January 16th at Joe Nuzzarello's home at 6pm-8pm.
We will hold the raffle for one-year free dues at the end of the meeting. You must be present to win.

Meeting adjourned at 8:15.
Next meeting April 3, 2023 at Mary Leslie's home.

30